Thursday 7 August 2014

Bumps in the road

Three days into the planning of my trip and I've already hit a small snag. This is fairly typical of my luck and I really hope it isn't a sign of things to come!

On Sunday night I submitted by working holiday visa application. One part of the application asks you to detail any medical treatment you expect you will need while in Australia including mental health issues. Due to stupid honesty I declared that I would need to purchase my anti depressants, on Tuesday I received an email from Australian immigration asking me to submit a full doctors report about my illness including history, treatment and medications before my visa can be processed.

I've been able to book myself a doctors appointment for next week to get a report written but I expect it will cost a fair bit, it also means my visa authorisation has been delayed if not jeopardised. Fingers crossed it all goes ok, in the meantime I'll continue my plans and start working out what I want to do in Brisbane. So far I've decided to get a ferry out to Lone Pine Koala sanctuary instead of driving out as it should be a more interesting journey there.


No comments:

Post a Comment