Sunday 26 October 2014

Sunday 26th October

Flew into Alice Springs today for my trip to Uluru. The hostel seems nice if a bit basic. My room is pretty big and when I checked in I was the only one in it so far (there are two bunks beds) so fingers crossed I might not end up with any room mates for the next two nights. Have spent the afternoon toasting by the pool which is small but unheated so bliss to sink into. The other guests seem a really mix, there was a middle aged Ozzie couple by the pool and a group of European backpackers (prob all early twenties) playing in the water, all the blokes seem to think smoking in the pool is acceptable which is a bit grim. It's about 5pm now and I am enjoying an ice cold cider in the shade before I grab a shower. There's some kind of BBQ at the hostel tonight so think I'll stay here for dinner and get up early tomorrow am to explore the town. If it's not too hot I'm going to go up Anzac hill to get some views of the town. 

Saw the hostel where I'm staying post Uluru on the bus from the airport. It's the other side of the river but seems a tiny but closer to town than my current one.

Last few days in Brisbane were really lovely, Friday afternoon me and Ollie went to see Gone Girl which we both though was a pretty good transition to screen. Saturday I was up very early to o to Brisbane market with Ollie and Trish to do the weekly veggie shop and indulge in some wonderful food. I went for a chilli infused hot chocolate and Greek yogurt with passion fruit which was amazing. As we left I grabbed an orange and raspberry ice tea. Think I will try to make sure I'm back in Brisbane for the sat before Christmas as I'm sure I could buy Ollie and Trish lot of yummiest presents from there. 


Got back to Ollie's and helped him unload the car as he's still not allowed to do any heavy lifting and helped with the Saturday clean and sort of the kitchen. Jack went for an appointment with the chiropractor and brought back cupcakes which we shared 

In return I helped him with one of his college projects by testing a video game he has created. Ollie and Trish were out sat evening so me and Jack stayed in watching Adams Family Values, I helped tidy the kitchen by polishing off the end of a bottle of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment