Friday 21 November 2014

Brisbane 5 November to 8 November

Being back is Brisbane and with family was lovely after 10 days in the desert. Wednesday was spent chilling out at Carlyle Road, doing several loads of washing and helping with dinner as Ollie had an induction day for his new job. Jack had a dungeons and dragons night and after having explained the rules to me invited me to join in, I declined as most of it was way over my head. 

Thursday I posted a parcel of gifts to mum and dad and got the train into the city centre. I spent the morning at Roma road public gardens which were beautiful and had a delicious lunch of roasted root veggie salad an goats cheese. In the afternoon I popped into the shops and picked up some lightweight shorts from cotton on before heading for the botanic gardens. I had planned a trip to GOMA but the weather was so lovely I stayed I'm the gardens. In the evening I walked over to Tom's to meet Ollie and Trish for dinner there. Got there just at the right time as a massive storm broke over dinner with amazing purple lightening over the city. Had great views from tom's apartment over to the cbd which had been lit up for the G20 so looked extra impressive with the lightening. 

Friday was another chilled out day at the house, I had a snooze on the wonderful day bed outside, read my book and totally relaxed. Me and jack had sushi for dinner while the others had fish and chips then Jack, Ollie and I headed to the cinema to watch Interstellar. I thought it was good until the last half hour, fun for a Friday night. Ollie thought it was utter rubbish and jack enjoyed so overall not too bad.

Saturday was breakfast at the market, where I got a groovy henna design on my hand. Then we headed off to the most magical place in the world- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. I cuddled a koala, fed wallabies, kangaroos and lorikeets and generally had an amazing day. I took about 100 pictures including lots of a koala who looked like he was trying to drive a tree. I loved every second of it.
In the evening we went out for dinner as a thank you from me to the Landsbergers for being such  lovely hosts. I had a gorgeous piece of beef on a beetroot risotto followed by chocolate done 3 ways- a tart, ganache and sauce. Got back home to a couple of glasses of wine before an early night as I had a 9 am flight on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment